Thursday, May 2, 2013

Purple Haze



 photo purplehaze.png
This tutorial was written by me and for those
who have a good working knowledge of psp.


Supplies Needed



Tube
 Artwork by ©Alex Prihodko at PFD.

Font
Xiomara


Scrap
(FTU)Emo Babe Colab by Kristin and Kaci

Template

Filters
EyeCandy5 Impact - Gradient Glow
Penta - color dots
Photo Effex - Scan Lines 

DSB Flux - Bubbles

Paper Textures
I used a few texture papers for my template layers
which you can find a wide range of HERE


My Background


Okay, let's get started
Remember to save often!!!

Open template and re-size canvas to 800 x 800
Crop after tag is done

Close info layer and fill background layer with white



Follow these steps 

1. Select layer
2. Float
3. Invert or add new layer
4. Paste paper or fill with pattern or texture
5. Hit delete if using paper
6. Apply gradient glow to original
 layer using color of choice
Go HERE if you aren't familiar on my way 
of adding gradient glow using EC 5 Impact 



We are going to start at the bottom layer (in layers pallet)
and work our way up the template following the steps above.

First merge duplicate layers together
I do this as it saves me time as I use same paper or texture
on duplicate layers but if you don't just omit this step

Paste my background layer and move to bottom above white layer
Feel free to colorize to match your tube

black rectangles - kaci paper 9
white rectangles - paper texture of choice
grey bottom rectangles - kaci paper 5 colorized to match tag and scanlines applied
grey top rectangles - gradient of two colors and apply bubbles using default setting
dark grey rectangles - gradient then color dot filter changing distance to 9 and then paste tube - duplicate tube
change top to hard light at 10 opacity and bottom to 50 opacity
black circle - gradient and apply scan lines and paste close up tube - change blend on tube to screen at 35 opacity

Add any elements from kit you wish

I used 

Kaci
bow 3, ribbon 1,star 1 and star 2
Kristin
sparkles

Use my tag as guide for placement if needed

Paste tube
I couldn't resist this tube as I loved her hair and everything about it especially as there are so many different colors to choose from

Add name
I used a pattern I made HERE
Float - Expand by 2
Fill new layer with light color
Move below name
Merge together

Add drop shadow to layers

Add copyright info

Close white layer

Crop & Save






No comments:

Post a Comment