Sunday, March 24, 2013

Butterfly Fairy


 photo buterflyfairy.png
This tutorial was written by me and for those
who have a good working knowledge of psp.





Supplies Needed

Tube
I used artwork by ©Rachael Tallamy
Sold at Up Your Art


Font
Feel Script

Filter
Lokas - Gel Effect

My Supplies




Okay, let's get started.
Remember to save often!!!

Open my supplies and shift D
Close original

Start with mask layer and make a gradient using two colors from your tube
I used #5d738d and #516653
Angel at 45 degrees and repeats on 5

Float mask layer
Add new layer
Fill with gradient
Select none
Move new layer below original and 
change blend mode to luminance (L)
on the original layer

Papers layer either do the same as mask layer or
go to adjust and colorize 
If you can't get as dark as you like 
just duplicate 

After you have the paper the color you like
use the selection tool - point to point and select area for image
Once you have it selected Invert
Paste image
Delete
Select none
Add drop shadow to image
1,1,30,3,black
then
-1,-1,30,3, black

Paste tube and re-size
I had to re-size my tube by 67%
to be the same as my image

Once you have the correct size - you may need to try a few times to get it right
Line tube up with image
Crop bottom of tube
This way the wings are outside image and so is flower

Colorize tag and middle tag
I left these separate for you so you could use different colors 

Colorize bow

Add drop shadow to layers of choice

Add name
I used gel effect on mine and rotated
slightly before converting to raster

Add copyright info

Save





No comments:

Post a Comment