Saturday, April 29, 2017

♥ True Friends ♥


 photo true friends.png

This tutorial was written by me and for those
who have a good working knowledge of psp.



Supplies Needed



Artwork by  ©Anna Liwanag at CDO

Font
Allspice

Filters
Richard Rosenman - Scanlines

Brushes
(optional)
Any Splatter Brushes will do
Find some HERE




..........................................................................


Okay, let's get started.
Remember to save often!!!

Open new canvas 851 x 315

Make a gradient using colors from tube you are using
I used the three color of the flowers in my tube

Once you have a gradient made flood fill canvas
Ctrl A
Contract by 6
Delete
Add noise at about 25
Add bevel of choice

Add new layer
Fill with white

Apply scanlines filter to layer using settings of
Spacing 7
Thickness 2
Color from tube

Using magic wand click the lines you made
Add new layer
Fill with gradient
Select none
Add noise at 20 or so

Go back to original white layer with lines
Click Delete
Flood fill with white again

Add new layer
Using a brush of choice add splotches of colors from tube around layer
This layer should be under the lines layer but if not move below

Paste tube of choice
Resize to choice
Center

Paste tube again and mirror
Duplicate
Move one to one side and the other to other side
Merge together and lower opacity to desired look
Using eraser tool set to 11 opacity
Erase parts of tube on both sides
So on mine - on the left I erased the bear and on the right I erased the girl

Add drop shadow to tube layer 

Add text of choice
I used my gradient with and outline using her pants as color option
Add bevel of choice
Add drop shadow of choice

Add name and do same
I just switched my colors around for name and made a bigger outline

Add copyright info

Crop & Save


Do same steps with canvas of 160 x 160 to make an avitar
 photo true friends avi.png

Hope you enjoyed my tutorial. I am sure there are many ways to do the same things I did but easier, it's just this is the way I do it so if you have your own ways of doing same thing, feel free to do your way.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Sue, for this lovely tut
    Hope you like my set for you
    http://media.fotki.com/1_p,rtfrbtwsttsqksbxwbdssrtrwgssk,vi/brrqtrsgkxssbbbdtdsxbrrfwwwfg/8/3437698/14220620/TrueFriendsA_VanhekAvatSue-vi.jpg

    and the banner
    http://media.fotki.com/1_p,rtfrbtwwwbsgstrxwbdssrtrwgssk,vi/brtwgbqddxbrrfwwwfgxssfqsqssr/8/3437698/14220620/TrueFriendsA_VanhekBANNERSue-vi.png
    Hugs, Betsy E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Betsy so sorry as I didn't see this post before. I love your set and so happy you made it for me. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete